My Weight Loss Progress

LilySlim Weight loss tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Important things

Why is it that it always takes a major tragedy or death, to put things into perspective? I occasionally tend to take important things in life for granted. A woman who i've known most of my life passed away last Saturday. It's been about 15 years since I've seen her. She's the mom of my childhood best friend. A woman whom I called mom, most people called mom, and was the biggest supporter of my husband and I when we first got together.

This week I found myself scrambling to try to get the day off so I could attend her memorial service. I'm going to take an extremely long lunch. It's the least I can do to pay my respects for a woman whom I deeply loved even though I did it from afar.

Important things like the people I care about should not be set to the back burner because life gets in the way. I felt terrible for not being able to say goodbye. So I'll say it here...
Carol A.K.A. Mom you were there for me when others weren't. You let me stay in your house when I needed a place to go. There were so many good times, & fun timesd  and so many good memories of you. You never judged, you never pushed or looked down upon me, you only cared and laughed and loved. I am sorry I let the years go by and let life get in the way. I pray i can learn from this life lesson & not let important things like friendships slip away. Rest in peace Carol Mahoney I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment