My Weight Loss Progress

LilySlim Weight loss tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Dead batteries & Heroines!

Today started pretty crappy. I actually made an attempt to do my hair and makeup today, but my stupid blow dryer wouldn't work! So having cried over that, just about completely ruining all the makeup I just put on, I collected myself and my things and zoomed out the door to go to work with about 30 minutes to get there. What I find when I got in my car... a dead battery! The first thing I always do in a crisis is call my husband. He was at work of course and helpless to help me. I'm on my cell phone using my Bluetooth while my husband is listening to my drama. After a few minutes of pleading with my unreasonably stubborn battery the clicking finally stopped and then I realized that it just wasn't going to start , and then that's when the tears started again. So now, I'm sitting in my car freaking out crying still on the phone with hubby when a neighbor lady whom I've never even spoken to before came to my rescue. She timidly approached my car maybe for fear that my head might do a 360 and then begin to vomit green streams like that girl in the Exorcist. She poked her head in my window and asked if I needed any help. Crying like a big baby I said yes that I was stuck and the battery was dead and I couldn't even get out of my stupid car because the mechanism that locks my wheelchair down safely while I'm driving runs on the battery, then I proceeded to tell her my life story about how I needed to get to work because of my job that I've had for eight years I am about to lose because of attendance issues. She then asks if I have AAA and I told her yes but I didn't have time to call them, because I just couldn't be late So then she asked me if I had jumper cables which I did but they were in our truck which was parked in front of me. So then she goes digging through the back of the messy truck to find these jumper cables and pulled her car in front of mine. Never having done this before, she calls someone for instructions. At the beginning of this chaos before the neighbor came over and just before I called my husband I called my friends hysterically begging for a a ride to work, (they have a wheelchair van also) which of course they were more than willing to help, but I needed to go ASAP so I continued to let my neighbor help me in hopes that I could get on the road before my friend could get to me. I was just so amazed that this lady whom I've never spoke to before who was obviously on her way out somewhere took the time out of her morning to help a  total stranger! Some man working nearby saw her struggling with these cables and offers to help. Clamping the cables onto her battery and then onto mine, my car roared to life. I thanked my neighbor a million times, listened to my husband give me words of encouragement and then called my friend to tell him that I didn't need a ride after all, unfortunately he was already about two blocks away. But he didn't mind and I'm so grateful for him for being so available on such short notice.

A BIG BIG thank you to my awesome neighbor... Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to help me! The day would have been a total loss had it not been for you. I was 7 minutes late but as long as ... nothing else happens this month, I'll be okay. Thank you to my heroine in the brown Toyota SUV :-) I promise to pay it forward and help someone that is in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment